As a Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist with Optimal Networks, you’ll be treated like one of the most important people in the company—which you are. You will never be an anonymous cog in a wheel. Working in this role, you will become the “voice of Optimal” and one of the people our clients like the best, and talk to the most. You will always know that you, and your work, are valued.
There’s a reason that Optimal Networks has won the Workplace Excellence Award so many times—it’s because of our fun and supportive culture. And we’re not kidding about the fun. Just watch this short video about one of our Spirit Day celebrations, and you’ll understand that we take fun just as seriously as our family-friendly policies, strong employee health and wellness initiatives, comprehensive growth and learning opportunities, commitment to corporate social responsibility, and employee volunteerism. Founded in 1991, Optimal Networks is one of the most experienced technology consulting firms in the region. You’ll quickly see that we live by our core values.
As an Optimal Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist, you will provide remote support services for a variety of clients. Working from your home office, you will gather the client’s information and determine the customer’s issue by analyzing the symptoms and figuring out the underlying problem. You will be troubleshooting a wide variety of issues and supporting a huge range of operating environments. We envision you will occasionally travel to our Rockville, MD office for meetings and team building activities. You may be working remotely, but you will be surrounded by a highly skilled team that can help you resolve issues when needed. The people who thrive here have no fear of the unknown. It’s just not something we worry about.
Our service is friendly and personal. Our clients are typically small to mid-sized businesses, associations, and law firms. We know IT issues can be stressful for others, but your calm demeanor and friendly voice provides reassurance no matter how complex the problem is. Our service model is based on developing an ongoing, communicative, and proactive partnership with our clients. In this role, you “own” the issues, escalate when necessary, and follow up to ensure maximum user productivity. Whether the issue is with a smartphone, laptop, Microsoft Office, laser printer, security issue, or spam problem — you get the first call. You’ll have lots of support at Optimal, but you’ll be the “go to” person to diagnose the problem and respond.
As a Remote Technical Support Specialist you will:
- Provide superb technical system and user support by responding to calls, email, and personal requests for technical support.
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Help make users productive.
- Offer guidance and help users solve common IT problems.
- Document issues and follow up with clients.
- Know when to redirect problems that require an onsite solution.
- Use remote control tools to control a user’s machine to troubleshoot problems.
- Resolve technical problems, detect patterns of issues, and coordinate with staff regarding persistent problems.
- Assist other Technical Support Specialists in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
- Monitor NOC alerts and, as necessary, coordinate further action.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies and issues to address as we grow.
Essential Experiences, Skills, and Competencies
- BS/BA degree (Strongly Desired)
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills, providing remote support services.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Client-oriented. You understand that helping customers meet their business goals is critical to success.
- Scrupulous, ethical, and honest. You are beyond reproach in business dealings. Internally and externally, you are known to be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy.
- Service-Minded. You are driven to provide exceptional service and feel good knowing you made somebody’s day more productive.
- Flexible and Capable. You manage changing priorities with ease and get the job done. You do whatever it takes.
- Investigative. You enjoy exploring new technology and system features, sharing them with others, and identifying patterns of issues/needs.
- Maintain good documentation. You understand that due to working with a variety of clients in different kinds of technological environments, you need to document client issues, needs, and records of work.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You will spend the first three to four weeks training and learning so that you can confidently work with our clients. You will be joining a culture that values ongoing training and sets you up to succeed.
- You get to look good.
- At Optimal Networks, you will have access to certifications and new technology, and you will be encouraged and given the time to earn those certifications. Your career growth will not be held back by someone else’s limited technical vision.
- You’ll make a significant impact for your clients—helping them achieve their business goals. You’ll be proud of your work and the work of your peers.
- You won’t have to leave us to get ahead. Our high performers stick with us and grow with us. We’re good at what we do. We have fun, and we are fun.
- We have many industry partners and service allies, including being a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a VMWare Partner.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, transit parking, 15 days of PTO annually, tuition reimbursement, certification testing reimbursement, a laptop computer (including access to the latest Microsoft software), and more.