As originally published in Law Firm Mentor, May 5th, 2020
In The Age Of Virtual Law: What Lawyers Can And Should Be Doing To Protect Client Information
with Heinan Landa | Optimal Networks, Inc.
As more firms are going virtual increased risks pose a threat to privacy security. When it comes to technology we as lawyers can tend to be laggards, but this can come at a cost that we can’t afford. In this episode Heinan and I discuss the importance of staying abreast technological advances necessary to preserve the privacy of client information in a virtual era and the challenges law firm owners face when it comes to these changes.
In this episode, Heinan and I discuss:
- The exponential growth of technology
- The emergence of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Staying technologically current to compete and provide exceptional customer service
- Using technology for risk mitigation
- Using AI for transcription
- Managing how you house your data and your clients’ data.
- Overcoming the obstacle that is fear of change
- Adapting to practice management systems
- The myth of the paperless office
- The importance of training and leading by example
- A way to benchmark technology use called the Technology Operational Maturity Level (Self) Assessment, included in Heinan’s book
- The importance of choosing an IT firm that understands your business and what you need technology to do for you
Listen to the podcast here!
About Heinan Landa
Heinan Landa is the Founder and CEO of Optimal Networks, Inc., a globally ranked IT services firm. After earning his B.S. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Johns Hopkins University, Heinan went on to receive his MBA from The Wharton School of Business. Featured in Legal Management, Legal Times, Chief Executive, Inc. Magazine, Forbes, CIO, and with regular appearances on WJLA-TV, WTTG-TV, and WUSA9, Heinan is a trusted leader in the legal, technology, and business spaces.
To contact Heinan
Email: [email protected]
Website for Book: http://www.modernlawfirmbook.com/